- Writing instruments
- Computer & Multimedia
- Watch & Jewellery
- Eyewear & Optics...
Who are we ?
The company Gabriel Mauvais Sarl is located in Villaz next to Annecy (France) and 30 minute-drive from Geneva (Switzerland). We export 85% of our production all over the world.
Our know-how is in the manufacturing of high precision micro-drills and punches in μm tolerances. Tools can be in carbide, HSS and stainless steel.
Dimensions are from Ø0.10 to 3.00 mm and tools can be produced in small lots (20, 50 or 100 pieces) to medium and high volumes (10 000 and more).
- 1928 : Production of the first micro drill for the watch industry.
- 1974 : Transfer of the plant near Annecy City to be close to Swiss watch makers.
- 1997 : Start of the production of micro-grain carbide drills.
- 1998 : France football team wins the soccer World Championship !!!
- 2008 : Retirement of M. Gabriel Mauvais and acquisition of the company by M. Gilles Guyot.
- 2009 : Development of a CNC grinding machine for step drills.
- 2011 : Export sales grow up to 85% of total sales.
- 2012 : Acquisition of 3 CNC machines for increasing production capacity
- 2013 : Development of a CNC grinding machine for coolant-thru micro-drills
- 2016 : Development of a CNC sharpening machine with robot loader